Natural Chocolate Peanut Butter Apple Crisp
Natural Chocolate Peanut Butter? Count me in!
One of my favourite parts of apple crisp is the sticky sweet nectar that unites the crunchy ingredients with the fruitful warm bite of apple. I kept that the same in this recipe, but added a flavourful boost to make the oat crumble include a hint of crunchy chocolate peanut butter delight.
- 4 apples
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, (about half a lemon)
- ⅓ cup brown or coconut sugar
- 1.5 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons water
- Pinch nutmeg
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup brown or coconut sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup Natural Chocolate Peanut Butter
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
|1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C). Peel apples, quarter, and chop.|
|2. Add apples to the mixing bowl and toss with lemon juice, brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg and water.|
3. Once mixed well, pour into a 9x13 baking dish.
|4. Add all topping ingredients into a bowl and stir to combine. Whisk out any clumps!|
5. Pour topping over apples in an even layer. Put into the oven, uncovered for 50 minutes to an hour or until the filling is bubbling or the apples are tender.
6. Let cool down before serving, and pair with your favorite ice cream or whipped topping!
If you made it, comment and let us know, or pin it and save it for later!