Natural peanut butter: the new must-have s'more ingredient.
Why mess with a good thing? We all know s'mores are a perfect campfire treat as they are - graham crackers hugging together the fluffy warm marshmallow with a softening layer of chocolate. But what made our own hearts melt even more was with an unexpected addition we always have hanging around - our Natural Peanut Butter (most notably, our chocolate flavour. Thats right. Chocolate on chocolate. Do we have your attention yet?) The typical s'more recipe is pretty standard, but we wanted to share some ways you can experiment adding nutty goodness, with or without a campfire.
Recipe for: 4 s'mores. But you'll probably want some more... it really is in the name.
- 4 graham crackers, broken in half
- 4 marshmallows (here are some delicious natural + vegan marshmellows as an alternative)
- 1 piece of chocolate of your choice
- 1 tbsp Natural Peanut Butter (smooth, crunchy, or chocolate)
Really, there is no wrong way to go about this, but typically, we:
1- Spread some Natural Peanut Butter on a graham cracker and set aside.
2 - Roast some marshmallows on a stick above the fire and roast to a desired amount.
3- Put marshmallow between your prepped cracker and it's other half, and use them like tongs to slide the fully white goodness off of the hot stick and enjoy!
- Place 4 graham cracker halves on a clean baking pan.
- On the other halves, spread with Natural Peanut Butter of choice.
- On the crackers, place a piece of chocolate and top it with a marshmallow.
- Broil in oven for 1-2 minutes.
- Take out and top with a peanut butter graham cracker to create a s'more sandwich!
- Place 4 graham cracker halves on microwaveable plate.
- Top with chocolate and marshmallows
- Microwave for. 15 to 20 sec. or until marshmallows puff (they will expand really big!).
- Cover with remaining graham squares; press together gently to secure + enjoy!
We hope you enjoy this classic summer treat! If you tried it out, or have any other tricks on how you love to make your s'mores, share them with us in the comments below!