Creamy Natural Coconut Peanut Butter Chickpea Masala
Our Natural Coconut Peanut Butter adds a level of taste that makes this spice-filled dish an aromatic treat.
A creamy thick masala that will have you scooping for seconds! A bowl of this will keep you toasty in autumn’s chilly nights and energized as it is packed nutrients, protein and antioxidants.
- 1 teaspoons coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon red chilli pepper or cayenne
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves
- 1 thumb sized Fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp Natural Coconut Peanut Butter
- 1 cup water or 400 ml Coconut milk if you want it extra creamy and more mid
- 5.5 oz (one can) tomato paste
- ½ large onion, chopped
- 2 small tomatoes
- 1 eggplant
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
|1. Add a drizzle of olive oil in your favourite frying pan and set to medium heat. Throw in coriander, cumin, turmeric, red chilli pepper or cayenne, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, fresh ginger, onions and garlic.|
|2. Dice both tomatoes and add them to the pan. With the back of a wooden spoon or with a potato masher, squish the tomatoes. Add tomato paste and water (or coconut milk) and let simmer for 5 minutes. I went with water here, but I am super excited to make it again with coconut milk!|
3. Chop eggplant and add to frying pan. Cook till tender, about 15 minutes.
|4. Stir the chickpeas in, and warm them up for a few minutes.|
5. Add a BIG scoop of Natural Coconut Peanut Butter! This will make your dish super rich, flavourful and compliment the heat.
6. You are ready to serve! Garnish with chopped parsley or cilantro and peanuts, and serve over rice or quinoa for an extra hearty dish.
If you made it, comment and let us know, or pin it and save it for later!